The Book Festival of the MJCCA will celebrate 25 years of bringing culture and conversation to the greater Atlanta community Best in Literary Voices early this month. Each year, the Book Festival’s exceptional repertoire has something to offer all book lovers, bringing more than 13,000 members of the community together to meet, listen to, and engage with their favorite local, national, and international authors. Most events will be held at the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (MJCCA).
“Whether you are an artist or musician; a scholar or historian; a reader of mystery, humor, or fiction, this Book Festival has something for you,” said Book Festival Co-Chair Deborah Jacobs. “The 25th Edition offers a range of new programs: a live concert, a cultural Jewish food tasting, ‘In Conversation’ interviews between authors and local journalists, and various book club programs.”
“For 16 days, we invite people from across the Southeast to meet these renowned authors,” added Book Festival Co-Chair Dee Kline. “Book lovers can’t wait for this year’s lineup of unique events, featuring everything from comedy and cooking, to health and Hollywood; from terrorism and kidnapping, to Israel and politics, and much more.”
Headlining Authors Include:
- Opening Night: Grammy® award-winning American singer-songwriter Kenny Loggins, author of Footloose, will sing some of his most popular hits and discuss his four-decade-long career;
- CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen, author of The United States of Jihad;
- Television personality Andy Cohen, author of Superficial;
- Actor, Producer and Writer Henry Winkler, author of The Soggy, Foggy Campout #8, Here’s Hank Series;
- Moshe Dayan’s daughter and Israeli politician Yael Dayan, author of Transitions;
- Novelist Jonathan Safran Foer, author of Here I Am;
- Respected Israel Analyst Daniel Gordis, author of Israel;
- Hollywood Talent Manager Shep Gordon, author of They Call Me Supermensch;
- New York Times bestselling author Alice Hoffman presenting her novel, Faithful;
- Emmy-winning TV star and New York Times bestselling author Carson Kressley presenting his book, Does This Book Make My Butt Look Big?; and
- CNN Senior Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin, author of American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes, and Trial of Patty Hearst.
Local Authors Include:
Brian Curtis, author of Fields of Battle; Zoe Fishman, author of Inheriting Edith; Jesse Itzler, author of Living With a Seal; and Jeff Selman, author of God Sent Me.
5342 Tilly Mill Road, Dunwoody.T o purchase single tickets or series passes, call 678.812.4005, or visit online.